Sunday, August 8, 2010

No rest for the wicked

It is hard to believe that it already August. I guess this is the disappointing part of being an adult, the lack of a summer vacation. Unless your rich, which I'm not, work continues no matter the season. However, I have been very lucky at work lately to snag some awesome produce for free. A couple weeks back, I was helping out at a different store and I came back from my lunch break to find a box of 50 organic peaches on my chair. Awesome! 

They had some rain spots, which I could see, but they were pulled after customer complains. No complains from me!  I sliced & froze them all. Messy work, but it was worth it in the end.

I tried out a recipe for peach schnapps! It will be ready in about two months. I also made something with a quicker satisfaction, peaches and vodka! It's in the fridge and is delicious:)

So I guess work hasn't been so bad afterall!

No comments:

Post a Comment