Monday, August 30, 2010

Canning Addition

I have to admit that I think I have a problem. I started last month and can't stop canning. Somehow I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing with my free afternoon. I know that this winter I will be very happy that my cupboards are stocked and Christmas presents are covered.
After my adventure with those pickles watermelon rinds, I made pickled grapes. They were found on the website smittenkitchen.com, which is my favorit cooking blog. They sounded so interesting that I had to make them, and very glad I did.
I took a jar to a bbq last weekend. On a cracker with goat cheese, mmmm. They are definitely a recipe I will make again.

On the otherhand, I will not be using the same recipe I used last week for homemade ketchup. I think it was the cardamon seeds that added a weird flavor to it. I have tried twice now to enjoy eating, but I just can't fake it. Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment